Patient Email Newsletter Marketing
Patient email newsletter marketing is one of the most cost-effective, efficient, and fast methods for communicating with patients. Practices that send out email newsletters to patients benefit tremendously in tangible and intangible ways.
Benefits of Email Newsletter Marketing
- Increased website visitor traffic - daily, weekly, monthly. Our clients see increases of 100% to 2000% increase in their daily website traffic statistics.
- Easily measure the email open rate, delivery / bounce rates, and click-thru rates to your website.
- Keep patients informed about your practice including changes in:
- Office Locations
- Insurance Plans
- Patient Forms
- Office policies such as appointment scheduling or prescription refill requests
- New medical services and procedures offered in-office or as out-patient at your surgery center or local hospital
- Office hours such as extended hours, weekend hours, holiday scheduling, inclement weather closings
- Reminder announcements such as flu shots andannual physicals
- Very inexpensive, typically cents/pennies per patient email address
- Patients subscribe and unsubscribe themselves
- Patients forward the emails to their friends and family, expanding the practice's marketing reach
Email Campaign Return on Investment Scenarios
Let's take an example of a practice that sends out a monthly newsletter to patients. In this scenario, a practice with 2,000 patients may have email addresses for 50% (1,000) of their patients. Factoring in a conservative response rate of 2%, we see that there can be significant benefit. Traditional mailings have a response rate of 1% to 2%. Email marketing has a success rate of 2% to 10%. Medical practices have the advantage of the pre-existing relationship with patients, aka customers, so response rates tend to be much higher.
|Practice Size||Small Practice||Medium Practice||Large Practice|
|Patient Email Addresses/Recipients||1,000||3,000||6,000|
|Conservative Patient Response Rate||2% or 20||6% or 180||4% or 240|
|Additional Patient Visits / Business Day||1||9||12|
|99213 Established Patient Visit
Medicare Reimbursement for Atlanta
|Total Monthly Increase in Charges||$1,236||$11,125||$14,834|
|Total Annual Increase in Charges||$14,832||$133,509||$178,012|
That one (1) extra patient per day can fill an open appointment slot, which can be the difference between break-even and profitability.
Contact us today to learn how we can help you Turn Static into Profit!